Thursday, October 14, 2010

Mandoe (LA)



            MANDOE

Mandoe MaK, a product of Pico Union, an area of Downtown Los Angeles and home to some of the most violent street gangs.

In the mid eighties, growing up a teenager in a violent and destructive environment, I was faced with little to no alternatives towards a positive future. Fortunately, LA welcomes and cultivates its hip hop culture. Fascinated by the music of this era and break-dancing, I instantly fell in love with the art form that came with it. Using spray paint as my medium of choice, I became heavily involved in producing murals that adorn my neighborhood and the surrounding areas.

Over the years, as I matured, I’ve become more analytical in the works I produce… painting with love, passion, pride, rhythm, romance and flow. Using my life experience as my muse, I paint images which represent the joys, sorrows, triumphs, loses, and pleasures I’ve lived along the way.

Mandoe MaK… Mi Arte Kontrola.



No comments:

Post a Comment